Our Promises to You
Thank you for visiting Hawaii Open Data. We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust. Spam e-mail is the bane of the internet and we won’t have anything to do with it.
- We promise that we will never share your e-mail address or other identifiable information with any third party company (no external spam).
- We promise that you will never receive spam from HOD.
- We promise to protect your information through the use of secure databases.
Personally Identifiable Information
We collect the personally identifiable information that you submit on the registration and user profile forms to permit you access to our site and to enable credit card verification, where applicable. Please note that any optional information you fill out might be visible to other users on the site (i.e. your biography, or location in the world). If you do not feel comfortable with others knowing this information, then leave it blank.
Generally, the information HOD collects helps us to communicate with you regarding media licensed from or to you. For instance, we use your email address to provide you with an email confirmation of your registration and to notify you of information concerning your media on our site. In addition, users on the site will be able to communicate with you via a confidential form on the site, but they will not know your e-mail address or other personal identification information aside from your username (and therefore will not be able to add you to spam lists, etc).
We will not share, rent or sell your personally-identifiable information with any entity, subject to the provisions below. We may share your information with our vendors in connection with system maintenance and other services that these individuals or entities perform for us. In some cases, we may run a joint marketing effort with third parties.
We will only release personal information without your authorization in the following situations:
- To the authorities when necessary to comply with the law (i.e. answering subpoenas).
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of HOD, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement, the practices of Hawaii Open Data, or your dealings on our web site, please contact us.